Wednesday, July 21, 2010

A Step Towards Salvation

Having walked all paths that are sure to expose my imperfections,
After having indulged exorbitantly in the gore of my weaknesses
After having fallen to my passions into the gall of iniquity
(Grace left me and my spirit destabilized, I lost my defenses);
Time losing meaning, moments like strands breaking hair;
Nothing to cherish, nothing to admire about my quagmire…

Going from level to level, righteousness waning, my spirit complaining;
Suffering from dishevelment, rickety, trudging the boggy, sodden way;
My spirit tarnished, my soul now banished, my heart campaigning –
For, even in this tangible darkness, the heart strives not to stray –
Yeah my heart campaigning for re-direction towards salvation;
Yeah my eyes begin to see the promise: love divulges the revelation.

Yet I could have wedged myself in the pit of grief, of sorrow
Settling on the retrogressive delusion worshipping wistfulness,
Wondering why yesterday rings truer than the promise of tomorrow,
But serendipity snatched me to the island of novelty and restitution
From the iron rule unfortunate circumstances, from the known despot
(To the spring relief and release, inside life’s very depot)

How sad, how sad to watch as life wallows towards submersion!
How sad to live now and wish today was swopped for yesterday!
How sad our end if we are so feeble as to lose by submission
While our doom wears the crown of having subdued us cleverly.
I kneel in the grime and close my eyes to imagine light
Then and only then does my heart frolic: my spirit takes to flight.

Tired souls on the brink of collapse;
Weakened hearts unable to rise once again;
Hopeless beings due to continued relapse,
Much acquainted with disappointment and shame
Are revived, the curse is on the verge of reverse
All circumstances are multiplied by their inverses

No comments:

Post a Comment